Register Today for NJCA’s two premier fall events: The 2019 Best Practices Conference and the Job Corps Contracts Management in the New Fixed-Price Era training seminar.
The 2019 Best Practices Conference will take place on October 15-16 at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, in Arlington, VA. This training-focused conference will allow attendees to learn, share ideas, and discuss the most pressing issues and opportunities that the Job Corps community is facing. Some of the topics we intend to include:
- Increasing on-board strength and recruitment;
- Increasing positive/success stories and promoting the Job Corps success story; and
- Improving graduation rates and high school diploma attainment.
Attendees will also have a chance to hear from and interact with U.S. Department of Labor and the Employment and Training Administration leadership and representatives.
Additionally, on the evening of the 15th, we are hosting a special NJCA Awards Dinner to recognize our champions and leaders in Job Corps.
Our tentiative schedule of activities for the week is as follows:
Tuesday, October 15
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Plenary Session
- 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – NJCA Awards Dinner (**Additional Fee Required)
Wednesday, October 16
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 17 Job Corps Contract Management in the New Firm-Fixed Price Era (Separate Registration Required)
The Job Corps Contract Management in the New Fixed-Price Era training will augment the successful fixed-price contract training offered last spring. This course will further explore the recent switch to firm-fixed price contracts and offer insight into successfully administering and operating contracts in Job Corps.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Firm-fixed Price Contracts Training (**Additional Fee Required, NJCA Members Only)
- Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/job-corps-contract-management-in-the-new-fixed-price-era-registration-69786560481
The NJCA has a limited room block reserved at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel . Our rate is the prevailing government rate of $251.00 per night. Click here to: Book your group rate for 2019 NJCA Best Practices Conference
Getting to the Conference
The Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel is conveniently located approximately 1 mile south of Reagan National Airport(DCA) and provides a complimentary scheduled airport shuttle.
- Mon-Sun: 05:00 AM – 11:30 PM
- Shuttle Phone: +1 703 413-1300
- Alternate transportation: SuperShuttle; fee: 15 USD (one way) ;reservation required
- Estimated taxi fare: 10 USD (one way)
- Subway service, fee: 1.65 USD (one way)
Other area airports include Washington Dulles (IAD) and Thurgood Marshall Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI).
Get tickets for this event on: EventBrite.