The District of Columbia Infrastructure Academy (DCIA) is excited to roll out our new year of programming and opportunities! Infrastructure is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and DCIA is committed to meeting the need for skilled infrastructure professionals in Washington, DC. This upcoming year, DCIA will offer the following Career Pathway training opportunities:
The goal of the DC Infrastructure Academy (DCIA) is to bring multiple infrastructure-related workforce development activities together under one roof to provide DC residents with high-quality, specifically designed training’s and programs that lead to careers in the District’s Infrastructure Industry sectors.
Interested in employment in the Infrastructure Industry? Please join us for an upcoming information session(s) to learn more about our course offerings and requirements.
Quick Path to Energy:
• Pepco Training
• Solar Works DC
Quick Path to Transportation:
• Commercial Driving License (CDL) – Class B
Quick Path to Information Technology:
• Cisco Academy
• IT Help Desk/ CompTIA A+ Certification
We host weekly information sessions beginning promptly.
• Tuesday’s – (10:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m.) & Thursday’s – (3:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m.)
What to expect during the information session:
• DCIA information session: 45 minutes
• CASAS Exam (Reading and Math assessment): 2 hours
Required Documents for DCIA registration: (Documents aren’t required to attend the information sessions).
• Driver’s license and/or District I.D
• Social Security Card
• Proof of DC Residency (i.e. State Issued ID; utility bill, rent/lease agreement)
Location: DC Infrastructure Academy 2330 Pomeroy Road S.E, Washington, DC 20020
Closest Metro Station: Anacostia Metro Station
Closest Bus Lines: A33, W2, W3, W6, W8, and 94 Buses.
DC Circulator runs along Stanton Rd. and Pomeroy Rd. SE