Join the Four Mile Run Conservatory Foundation on the water to collect litter along the streambank of Four Mile Run
Sign-ups will be opened two to four weeks prior to each date.
Location: the kayak barn at Four Mile Run Park, on the bike trail near the north end of Commonwealth Avenue. Parking/event details will be provided to those who RSVP.
- Bring your own kayak (and life-vest), if you can
- Request one of our boats if you don’t have your own; depending on the number of kayaks available (we are sometimes able to borrow extras), your request will be confirmed as a reservation or we will add you to our waitlist
- Not into kayaking? We need help on the shore, too, with volunteers needed to help off-load litter from kayaks, pick up along the shore, etc
- We provide: water refill station, snacks, gloves, trash grabbers and bags, and a limited number of kayaks with life-vests
- Please bring your own: reusable water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray, and water shoes
- A limit of two Four Mile Run Conservatory Foundation kayaks may be reserved, or you can bring your own
A 4MR Paddle Power/Clean Stream Extreme event made possible by grant support from Dominion Energy, the Spring Creek Environmental and Preservation Fund of the Greater Washington Community Foundation & Transurban – 395 Express Lanes Community Grant Program