Search Inside Yourself (SIY) is a transformational science-based mindfulness program that originated at Google and has spread to companies and organizations around the world, including SAP, American Express and LinkedIn. SIY blends the practice of mindfulness with the contemporary fields of emotional intelligence and neuroscience to help leaders and team members become more resilient, lead themselves and others more effectively, and find inner happiness.
Our leaders for this ACT-sponsored program in Alexandria, are Heather O’Neill Jelks and Michelle Maldonado, certified SIY teachers and leadership consultants. Together, Heather and Michelle have over 40 years of experience in the fields of organization and leadership development and are experienced instructors for the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Development Program. The cost to attend a SIY 2-day workshop can cost $1,000, but Heather and Michelle are generously donating their time for this workshop to share the SIY experience with our Alexandria community. The $85 registration cost includes meals and materials (Search Inside Yourself book and journal) The workshop will run from 9am – 5pm on May 29 and 30. Space is limited to 30 participants and registration is open to members of the Alexandria community.
The SIY curriculum includes:
- Emotional Intelligence
This program has been implemented in dozens of organizations across industries and around the world using highly practical and scientifically proven methods of mental conditioning and attention training that improve overall emotional intelligence and well-being, resilience, creativity, communication, productivity, and personal and organizational leadership.
Everyone has the capacity to develop and increase wellbeing because wellbeing is a skill, and all skills are trainable. The highly interactive and experiential program includes the following core components:
- Overview of the neuroscience of emotion, perception, and behavior change
- Definition of emotional intelligence and its personal and professional benefits
- Attention training to enable greater emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, self-mastery, motivation, and connection with self and other
- Principles and practices for developing healthy mental habits that accelerate wellbeing, including effective listening, generosity, empathy, communication, and social skills
- Mindfulness and reflection practices that support happiness, thriving, and overall wellbeing
- Exercises include attention training practice, dyad conversations, writing, walking, and group conversations
Whether you are coming for personal or professional development, to check out the SIY program for your organization, or to explore the possibility of becoming an SIY teacher, you will learn foundational skills to:
- Enhance mental fitness and clarity
- Develop agile and adaptive mindsets
- Reduce stress responses
- Increase resilience
- Improve access to creativity
- Develop greater self-awareness
- Enhance emotion regulation
- Improve communication skills
- Develop better decision-making skills
- Develop great emotional intelligence
- Experience greater overall wellbeing, thrive!
Michelle is a former attorney, turned business leader with more than two decades of experience across the nonprofit, legal, online media and online learning communities. She brings compassion and wisdom cultivated from her professional experience and over 30 years of meditation practice to her work with teams and organizations to help them lead with focus, resiliency and sustainability. Michelle is passionate about transformation and growth and avidly reflects this in her keynotes, workshops and writings. She is a graduate of Barnard College at Columbia University and The George Washington University Law School and is Founder & CEO of Lucenscia, an international human potential and business strategy firm. In recognition of her work across industries, Michelle has received Top Corporate Leader & Woman of the Year awards.
Heather O’Neill Jelks
Heather is the President of Nautilus Coaching & Consulting, LLC, an executive coaching and consulting company dedicated to the development of masterful leaders. Heather trained in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction with Jon Kabat-Zinn and has a graduate degree in organization development as well as somatic and leadership coach certifications. An avid runner and meditation practitioner, she introduces her clients to mindfulness concepts and best practices that deepen resilience, wisdom, and well-being. She recently co-authored the book, Missing Conversations: 9 Questions All Leaders Should Ask Themselves, and is passionate about championing mindful leadership as a Search Inside Yourself Certified teacher.
If you have questions about the workshop, please contact Brandi Yee at email@example.com or 703-739-7778.